Today we would like you to listen to chapter 14 and chapter 15, (audio links below).
Once you've listened to these two chapters, try your best to answer some/all of the comprehension questions below:
- Why do you think Tom offered to go with Uncle Fred?
- How do you think Tom felt when Fred asked him to return to the house for a sack?
- How was Uncle Fred going to use the baby fox to help him catch the black fox?
- Do you think that Aunt Millie was happy about the boys hunting the fox? Why?
- What was Tom trying to do when he told his Uncle Fred to look up in the woods?
- Do you think the black fox felt betrayed by Tom? Why?
- Why do you think chapter 14 is titled 'Unwilling Hunter?' Can you think of more than one reason?