Friday 8th May
Task 1. Research vocabulary from a poem
- Read or listen to The Highwayman. You could use the PowerPoint from yesterday or you could use this reading, (click the link below):
- Choose some words from Vocabulary List (within word document linked at the bottom of this page). Can you find out what they could mean? What is their meaning in the poem?
Task 2. Revise and practise adverbials
- Use the Revision Card (within word document below) to remind yourself about adverbials.
- Complete Adverbials Practice (within word document below)
CHOOSE TO DO EITHER TASK THREE OR TASK FOUR FROM BELOW:
Task 3. Write a Character Study
- Choose one of the characters that you thought about yesterday.
- COOL: Write 5 sentences about this character.
- SPICY: Explain what we learn about them in the poem
- Hot: Imagine what might have happened to them before the poem and what will happen to them afterwards and write 2 paragraphs about your ideas.
- Include adverbials in your writing.
Task 4: Write a playscript
- Can you make up a play that would tell the story of the Highwayman?
You could act out a scene, or write a script, or make a filmed version with toys.
Extra task: Complete the adverbials practice from yesterday if you haven’t already done so J