Welcome back to Computing lessons in school.
You can also find the documents below in the ICT folder in the N drive.
Save your work today in H : ICT \ Year 7.
Tuesday 2nd March 2021
- Difference between Computer Science and iMedia
- Research the difference between Computer Science and iMedia.
Watch the video below.
Look at the topics covered by each subject and think about whether they are ones you'd like to do.
Lesson 6 - Tuesday 23rd February 2021 - Cryptography
- Click on the link below, set a timer for 5 minutes and see if you can crack the code within the time. It works by dragging the letters from the alphabet underneath. If you want to do it again, refresh the screen and it will give you a new code to crack.
- Do the "Introduction to cryptography" lesson and challenges in the powerpoint below.
If you do create your own Caesar cipher, I'd he happy for you to email it to me (email@example.com) to see if I can solve it.
Help with Caesar ciphers:
- the online Caesar cipher wheel may help when setting your own challenge, and
- the youtube clip will give you a helpful clue about how best to solve Caesar ciphers.
Safer Internet Day - Tuesday 9th February 2021
An internet we trust: exploring reliability in the online world
This year in the UK, Safer Internet Day explores reliability online. The internet has an amazing range of information and opportunities online, but how do we separate fact from fiction?
Safer Internet Day is celebrated globally with the slogan: Together for a better internet.
Look at the top tips and videos below. Then do the Safer Internet Day quiz below.
Lesson 5 - Tuesday 2nd February 2021 - Codebreaking
Read these presentation slides.
Morse code challenge.
Lesson 4 - Tuesday 26th January 2021
- Alan Turing and cracking the Enigma code in World War 2
Watch the three youtube clips below.
Research using the internet and then create a presentation* about either:
a) the life and importance of Alan Turing, or
b) breaking the Enigma code in World War 2.
* like powerpoint, video etc.
I'd love to see what you create. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next week: You'll be having a go at solving ciphers.
Lesson 3 - Tuesday 19th January 2021 - Black Lives Matter
Starter - Define what these terms mean:
Use Google to help find or check your answer.
Main - Watch the two videos below about how events in Bristol a few months ago became news around the world.
For this lesson, I would like you use iMedia (eg Microsoft applications like powerpoint or video editing software like iMovie) to create any one or more of the following about Black Lives Matter.
* This could include your own opinion or is maybe like the BBC, which is required to report with impartiality (no biase or opinion).
Here are some examples of the Black Lives Matter work done by the current Year 8 during the original lockdown.
Lesson 2 - Tuesday 12th January 2021 - Create a video
If you scroll down, you can still see some of the instructions for the first lesson.
This second lesson is to create and edit your video about "creative ideas for lockdown".
For this, you can use iMovie on an ipad/iphone or Video Editor if you have Windows 10. Or you may have access to other video editing software.
Please email your video to me (email@example.com). You may need to select "share via OneDrive" if it is too big to attach.
Can't wait to see what you create and I'd love to put some on the Year 7 page of the website.
Lesson 1 - Tuesday 5th January 2021 - Plan a video
This lesson is to plan and to start to record (and/or find content for) your video.
The theme of your video is "creative ideas for lockdown".