Tuesday 19th May
If you have a version of Fantastic Mr Fox (book, e-book, audio book or film) it would be great for children to read, listen to or watch the rest of the book.
Scroll down to find the resources you need
- Reading Fantastic Mr Fox
- Read the summary of events in the story so far- this document is linked below.
- Read chapter 16 which describes what happens in Bean’s cider cellar- also linked below.
2. Verbs – Present Perfect Form
- Watch the presentation on the PowerPoint (linked below) OR read through the Learning Reminder Verbs - Present Perfect Form (also linked below)
- Look back at chapter 16 and find some past tense verbs (hint – look for doing words with –ed endings).
- Practise changing them into the present perfect form by adding has or have. Say them out loud first and write them down in your book.
- Complete the present perfect forms activities on the sheets below (scroll down to find them):
- Mild: Complete activity one – you don’t have to cut them out, you can write them as two lists if you prefer!
- Hot: Complete activities one and two.
- Extra spicy: Challenge yourself to see if you can do all three!
The answers are there for challenges 2 and 3 don’t peek!
Try the Fun-Time Extras
- Roald Dahl had a very interesting life. Did you know he was a fighter pilot during the second world war? See if you can find out more information and create a factsheet about him.