Hugh Sexey Church of England Middle School
Together we believe; Together we achieve

Under 13s Football - Somerset Cup & Somerset League

Match Report: Somerset Cup Vs Backwell (A)

On Tuesday the 18th of January Hugh Sexeys U13 team travelled to Backwell school to continue their cup run. On a very difficult pitch to play football on Hugh Sexey started on the front foot and were rewarded when George curled the ball into the far corner to put the team 1-0 up. Hugh Sexey continued to put the pressure on in the first half and forced the Backwell goalkeeper into a number of fine saves. Hugh Sexey started the second half like they did the first when a fine pass from Alfie found George and he slotted the ball into the back of the net to make the score 2-0. Backwell then threw everything to try and get a goal but some resolute defending from the team prevented them from doing so. With 5 minutes to go Backwell finally managed to get the ball in the back of the net to set up an intense finish for Hugh Sexey. But in the last minute of the game Liam was played through and sealed Hugh Sexeys place in the quarter final of the competition. It was a great performance from the team who really showed their intent from minute 1. We now look forward to welcoming Millfield on Tuesday the 1st of February to try and book our place in the Semi Final.



Match Report: Mid Somerset League Vs Crispin (A)

On Tuesday 25th of January the U13 Team travelled to Crispin School in the start of their league campaign. Crispin started the better of the two teams after a great corner was headed in to put the opposition 1-0 up. The team reacted really well to going 1-0 down and showed great desire to get themselves back in the game. After some hard work by Ruby, Finn and Harry, George was played through and brought down in the box and a penalty was awarded. Hugh Sexey missed the penalty but did not dwell on it and continued to battle to get back into the game. On the stroke of half time a ball over the top found Crispins Striker who placed it into the net which meant the team went into half time 2-0 down. The second half began and the team were instantly back into the game when George saw Crispins goalkeeper off his line and struck the ball into the back of the net. The team used this momentum and went and made it 2-2 when the ball dropped to George on the edge of the box and he found the net again. Crispin then capitalised when Hugh Sexey failed to clear their lines to make the score 3-2 to the hosts. Again the teams heads didn’t drop and in the last minute George pounced on an error by Crispins goalkeeper to score his hattrick and secure a great point for the team.