B) Now translate the sentences into English.
TASK 2: REGARDEZ
Watch this song by the marvellous Alain Le Lait to revise the weather.
Le temps et les activités
If you need to, go back and learn the weather. You can revise it here.
QUAND = WHEN
Qu'est-ce que tu fais quand...?
What do you do when...?
Look at the sentence builder below.
Listen to the recordings, and write down the sentence you hear in French first, then in English.
TASK 3: ÉCRIVEZ
A) Use the writing frame above to translate these sentences:
1) When it is raining, I eat in the café.
2) When it is cold, I watch a film at the cinema.
3) When it is sunny, I play football at the beach.
4) When it is hot, I go cycling in the park.
B) Now change the words in the writing frame to translate these new sentences.
The hardest bit here will be choosing the right article – remember your Articles Table for a / the / at the etc. Remember, if you need a dictionary, use: https://www.wordreference.com/
1) When it is snowing, I do swimming at the pool.
2) When it is foggy, I play on the computer in the café.
3) When it is windy, I visit the museum. It’s boring!
4) When it is cold or it is cloudy, I do some shopping with Alice at the shops. It’s fun.
C) Now make up 3 similar sentences (or a whole paragraph) of your own saying what you and other people do in different weathers.
Try to include connectives, adjectives, opinions, negatives and reasons to extend your writing.