We enjoyed a number of activities to celebrate World Book Day on Thursday 3rd March and there was a real buzz about the school. Many members of staff said it was their best WBD yet! Pupils made a fantastic effort dressing up, as did many of the staff, and pupils enjoyed a range of creative activities in their celebrations:
- A library book quiz
- MC Grammar rap quiz - this was an inter-tutor group competition, which really enthused the pupils - we could hear them repeating lines of the rap about the school
- Designing a three-course menu for a favourite superhero or villain - we have seen some fine examples of delicious and disgusting menus
- Designing a book cover with a difference: by putting themselves in the cover design - so far, we have seen some brilliant covers
- Designing book bunting - pupils got really creative with this!
- Designing a book token for next year's National Book Token - so far, we have had some super designs - fingers crossed we win some of the prizes!
- Some pupils in KS2 did a book swap and KS3 pupils were invited to donate books to the library.
Congratulations to our overall book day costume winners: Harrison (Yr5),
Amy (Yr6), Ellie (Yr7) and Taylor (Yr8) who all received a £5 voucher. Prizes for our other competition winners will be given out and announced next week.